Read about the steps Fierce Grace is taking to safely operate your studios
This information was last reviewed and updated on 15/07/2021.
COVID-19 Guidelines for students and new safety measures
Following government regulations and the implementation of new in-studio safety measures, we are excited to say that select Fierce Grace studios are reopen for full instructor-led classes.
Class times and opening hours will be different to take into account the new safety processes, and will vary from studio to studio, so please check your local studio for updated opening hours.
It has been a challenging time for all of us, and we are very grateful for all the support and kind words we have received during lockdown, and your support of FGTV and the FG teachers.
The well-being of our communities is our top priority, and has been carefully considered in our decision to reopen. We continue to monitor guidance by public health agencies and experts to ensure the ongoing safety of our teams and our guests.
Below you'll find information from Fierce Grace founder Michele & General Manager Adam about the measures we have in place to protect our guests, teams and wider communities.
For everyone’s health and safety, we ask all students read and abide by the following:
- Wear a face covering in all communal areas at all times - from the 19th July we would still like to err on the side of caution and encourage students to wear masks in communal areas, unless exempt
- Stay 2 metres apart wherever possible (hint: the length of a yoga mat)
- Make cashless payments only
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter and inside the studio, and wash your hands regularly
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class, and leave promptly (within 15 minutes of the end of class) afterwards to allow for cleaning of the studio and equipment
- Bring as little as possible with you, and where possible arrive ready to practice, to help lessen the use of the facilities
- Please be aware that for social distancing reasons you may need to queue, or even queue outside, for a short while before entering
- Mats and towels are available to rent, as of Monday 19th July props are now available again, they will be cleaned before and after use
And most importantly, please do stay away from the studio if you don’t feel well or you’ve been asked, or are required, to quarantine for any reason. By attending class you assert that you are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or flu, and have read the safety procedures above.
We have implemented the following procedures and steps to help everyone keep safe:
- We are operating at approximately 50% of pre-pandemic capacity from Monday 19th July
- Hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and throughout the studios
- Controlled queuing and limits on the number of people in reception at a given time
- Classes will have a minimum 30 minute gap between them to enable us to clean and sanitise the studio and communal areas between every class
- Most FG studios have fresh air oxygenation as standard, but also air exchange units that completely change the air several times per hour. This keeps a fresh air environment as close to being outside as is possible.
- Windows, Oxygenation units and air exchange dampers will be on/open throughout the classes (this may reduce heat somewhat)
- We are not accepting cash until further notice, please pay by card or purchase online
- Props (blocks & straps) are are now available again as of Monday 19th July
- No hands on adjustments from teachers
- We will keep all returned products safely stored out of the retail area for 72 hours
- We encourage classes to be booked in advance to avoid unnecessary physical interaction and queuing at the studio
- Our towel provider supplies hospital grade laundry and adheres to high standards of cleaning and disinfecting
- In addition, we have introduced increased cleaning and hygiene protocols using approved sanitisers and cleaning products.
We are grateful to all of our guests for doing their part to keep our community safe.
Will class sizes be limited?
All classes should be reserved online in advance wherever possible. Yes class sizes will be limited. This will bring peace of mind and a lot of space between mats.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and team, and will review this periodically to ensure we are operating safely and in compliance with any regulations. Class sizes will be increased over time as per government guidance and we'll always consider safety and comfort as a key factor.
Some class lengths will be reduced. In order to facilitate the extra time between classes for cleaning and clients of one class to have departed before the next class arrives, we will need to reduce some longer class times to 60 and 75 minutes, with the 90 minute classes being at the end of the day. We hope this will be a temporary measure.
Do I need to book?
All classes should be reserved online in advance wherever possible.
However if you couldn't book, or forgot, do come along as we will endeavour to welcome you into class. Whilst we don't guarantee space, we know things don't always go according to plan!
Bookings not cancelled 2 hours before class will be charged for.
Please be punctual to assist with the smooth and safe operating of the studio. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class, or your spot may be given to another student.
Can I still shop online?
Absolutely. Packages, memberships, gift cards and account top-ups can all be purchased online and we encourage you to do so to minimise time spent queuing in studio.
I had a package or membership when you closed and still haven't returned, what happens now?
Prior to returning to the studio, you will need to contact the studio via email to have your package or membership reinstated. Once this is done you will be able to book online and attend your first class back.
All packages and memberships will be reinstated from the last trading day before the last lockdown, without any membership time lost or charge.
Please ensure you book online or contact us before making the journey to the studio, to avoid disappointment.
Packages or memberships can be reinstated anytime before midnight on December 31 2021. After this time any packages still suspended will unfortunately be lost.
Will live online and on demand classes continue?
We’re thrilled by the response to live classes and on demand they are definitely here to stay.
Packages are not transferable between the online classes and physical studios.
All current Autopay members who transferred to live streaming during lockdown will be contacted to arrange your membership, or please get in touch if you have an autopay membership and have not yet heard from us when we reopen.
Contact us if your question hasn't been answered
All studio matters - view individual studio contact details
Being fit and strong mentally and physically are of great value in our quest for health.
Above all, we are here to support you and ensure you can return to the practice you love with confidence. If we haven’t answered your question above please get in touch with one of the below:
Be kind and look after yourself and each other.
With warmest regards from the Fierce Grace team