Villa Chimera, Tuscany, Italy
FIERCE GRACE RETREAT with Michele Pernetta
Choose one of two weeks:
This Fierce Grace retreat is set in a stunning valley at La Chimera, a lovingly restored 600-year-old former village fortress that has been recently lovingly restored. Relax by the pool and enjoy the breath-taking views from one of the terraces. Stay in beautiful bedrooms with antiques and enjoy yoga on our outside wooden shala or evening meditations on the infinity deck looking out over acres of valley. Spend evenings in the bustling markets, at movie nights in our home cinema or out at local restaurants. Enjoy incredible food made from the freshest local ingredients, local wine, cheeses, truffles and outing to see the local walled towns and shops.
- Classes on this retreat will be taught by Fierce Grace founder Michele Pernetta who has over 18 years experience in leading retreats
- Each retreat will be a small group of approx 12 people
- Prices are based on a one week stay, however if you'd like a longer retreat you may also join us for both weeks
Tuscany House Details:
- 8-12 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Cabina sleeps 2 (has ensuite)
- Woodland yoga deck
- Outside Pool
- Most bedrooms with ensuite bathroom
- 2 Dining Rooms
- 4 Terraces, including Dining Terrace
- 4 Living Rooms
- Walks and Gardens
For more information about the house and surrounding area visit www.lachimera.co.uk.
On the retreat enjoy:
- All the Fierce Grace classes with personalised instruction from Fierce Grace founder Michele Pernetta, one of Europe's most highly regarded and experienced teachers
- Alignment workshops, personal instruction and adjustments, meditation and breath sessions, partner stretching PLUS other surprises
- Gourmet food and other treats
- Stunning surroundings and trips to nearby towns
- Judgment-free atmosphere, enjoy a drink or a lie in!
- The retreat also includes a trip to the famous medieval walled town of Cortona for dinner and shopping and coffee in the Citta Di Castello Market - the film "Life is beautiful” was filmed here.
- Local trattoria for simple Italian dinner (best steak and pizza in the area).
- Morning Italian Market in Citta Di Castello, medieval walled town for shopping (excellent for gifts) coffee, internet and seeing a real Italian market, clothes, plants, cheeses, honey.
We will collect the group from Perugia airport. Flights from London Stansted on Ryanair.
If you need to arrive at another airport/train station/or by car please let us know so we can help with your transport to the house.
The nearest town is San Leo Bastia, main town Trestina. We are just in the hills near San Leo Bastia. Maps and driving directions on request.
The nearest airport is Perugia (45 minutes away – we will come and collect you). Flights from London Stansted are available with Ryanair.
90 mins by train from Florence (travel to Perugia train station) and Rome (travel to Cortona train station) airports.
Nearest train stations:
Easy access from Cortona and Perugia train stations. If you are coming in to a train station please discuss with us first as it will require extra arrangement.
PERUGIA - Stazione Sant Anna, Piazzale Bellucci, 14-16, 06121 Perugia, Italy (halfway up the hill, just off Piazza dei Partigiani) - this is the most central train station in Perugia and is at the base of the escalators from the old City.
CORTONA: CAMUCIA (Not Terontola) - we can arrange to collect you. Please try not to arrive between 9-2 on arrival day as all cars will be at airport, in which case we will need to send you a taxi which is approx. €90
7 day option:
- £1095 for an ensuite room
- £975 for a non-ensuite room
5 day option:
- £695 for room with or without ensuite
Our prices are based on two people sharing a room. Come with a friend/partner, or if you are a solo traveller just book a sharing room and we will put another solo traveller (same gender!) with you. Most of our retreat attendees are solo travellers who've made great friends on our retreats this way.
Single occupancy options - If you'd prefer not to share, we have two small single rooms available. (now sold out for Week 2, one still available for Week 1). We charge a single supplement of £315 for private stays in double occupancy rooms (limited availability - dependent on final numbers).
Included in the price:
- Accommodation, meals (except for two dinners out), tea and coffee, some alcohol with meals, all yoga tuition.
- Prices based on 2 people sharing - come with a friend/partner, or we'll match you with a (same gender!) fellow solo traveller.
- Price excludes: flights, airport transfers, dinners out (although the local restaurants are very inexpensive) and cost of excursions. Total cost for 2 airport transfers, transport to dinners out and excursions: £100 (approx. €135). Payable in cash on arrival.
- Please download and complete the booking form and email to [email protected]
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate children under 18 on any of our retreats.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy before booking.
"Michele and Terry are wonderful hosts at their villa located in the middle of a valley scooped out of the Tuscan hills. It is a wonderfully peaceful setting which allows for a relaxing time and provides an ideal backdrop for a great retreat. Michele’s energy, enthusiasm, passion and knowledge tests and expands limits to new levels in classes and posture sessions. Her experience over many years of teaching many people means she has a complete and uncanny understanding of where an individual is - which can be unnerving for a while until you realise through her gentle (and sometime not so gentle) persuasion a weekend or longer spent on a retreat here can be one of the best ways to ensure a greater depth of practice is achieved; more is learned about it and, (maybe) more about yourself. " - Russell Whithair
"Thank you for the most incredible 5 days - it has been packed with everything I love and the inspiration, adventure, food & fun has been endless" - Katie Young
Read Drew a Fierce Grace West regular and routine retreat attendee's review of the Italy Retreat.