FIERCE GRACE RETREAT AT VILLA CHIMERA
- 21st - 28th July
This Fierce Grace retreat is set in a stunning valley at La Chimera, a lovingly restored 600-year-old former village fortress. Relax and enjoy the breathtaking 200-degree sweeping view of the valley. Stay in beautiful bedrooms furnished with antiques, enjoy outdoor yoga on our wooden shala or evening meditations on the infinity deck looking out over acres of forest. Spend evenings doing sunset yoga, watching movies in our home cinema and drinking wine on one of the terraces or chill areas. Immerse yourself in the stunning Cortona with a little pre-dinner shopping followed by an Aperol spritz in the famous square before a sumptuous dinner. Enjoy incredible gourmet food made by our chef from the freshest local ingredients, an outing to a local walled town and a bustling Italian market nestled in cobbled streets.
- Classes on this retreat will be taught by Fierce Grace founder Michele Pernetta who has over 19 years' experience in leading retreats and her senior assistant.
- Each retreat will be a small group of approximately 12 guests.
TUSCANY HOUSE DETAILS:
- 8-12 Bedrooms (depending on extra accommodation booked)
- 6 Bathrooms
- Cabin sleeps 2 (has ensuite)
- Woodland yoga deck
- Outside Infinity Pool
- Most bedrooms with ensuite bathroom (two without)
- Home cinema room
- 2 Dining Rooms
- 4 Terraces, including Dining Terrace
- Chill area
- 4 Living Rooms
- Walks and Gardens
For more information about the house and surrounding area visit www.lachimera.co.uk.
ON THE RETREAT ENJOY:
- All the Fierce Grace classes with personalised instruction from Fierce Grace founder Michele Pernetta, one of Europe's most highly regarded and experienced teachers.
- A 4-hour alignment workshop as well as personalised instruction, adjustments, meditation and breath sessions, partner stretching and other surprises.
- Gourmet food and treats.
- Stunning surroundings and excursions to nearby towns.
- A judgment-free atmosphere, enjoy a drink or a lie-in!
- The retreat includes a trip to the famous medieval walled town of Cortona (where the film "Life is Beautiful” was filmed) for dinner, shopping and coffee in Citta Di Castello Market.
- Visit a local trattoria for a simple Italian dinner (the best steak and pizza in the area!).
- A morning perusing the market in Citta Di Castello, excellent for gifts, coffee, internet and buying authentic Italian clothes, plants and produce.
We will collect the group from Perugia airport.
If you need to arrive at another airport/train station/or by car please let us know so we can help with your transport to the house.
The nearest town is San Leo Bastia, main town Trestina. We are just in the hills near San Leo Bastia. Maps and driving directions available on request.
The nearest airport is Perugia (45 minutes away – we will collect you). Flights from London Stansted are available with Ryanair.
You can also fly to Rome and get the train to Cortona (Camucia Station) where we will collect you. Please arrange this with us so we can ensure cars are available when you arrive.
90 mins by train from Florence (travel to Perugia train station)
Nearest train stations:
Easy access from Cortona and Perugia train stations. If you are coming into a train station please discuss with us first as it will require extra arrangements.
PERUGIA - Stazione Sant Anna, Piazzale Bellucci, 14-16, 06121 Perugia, Italy (halfway up the hill, just off Piazza dei Partigiani) - this is the most central train station in Perugia and is at the base of the escalators from the Old City.
CORTONA: CAMUCIA (Not Terontola) - we can arrange to collect you. Please try not to arrive between 9am-2pm on arrival day as all cars will be at the airport, in which case we will need to send you a taxi which is approximately €90.
- £1095 for an ensuite room
Our prices are based on two people sharing a room except for two smaller single non-ensuite rooms. Come with a friend or partner, if you are a solo traveller just book a sharing room and we will put another solo traveller (same gender) with you. Most of our retreat attendees are solo travellers, they all make great friends on our retreats this way.
Single occupancy options - If you'd prefer not to share, we have two non-ensuite single rooms available. Single occupancy of double rooms may be available nearer the date of the retreat depending on final numbers and costs £350 on top of the retreat price. Please register your interest in single occupancy with [email protected] so we can notify you if this option becomes available.
Included in the price:
- Accommodation, meals (except for two dinners out), tea and coffee, some alcohol with meals, all yoga tuition.
- Prices based on 2 people sharing - come with a friend/partner, or we'll match you with a (same gender) fellow solo traveller.
- Price excludes flights, airport transfers, dinners out (although the local restaurants are very inexpensive) and cost of excursions. Total cost for 2 airport transfers, transport to dinners out and the market excursion: £100 (approx. €135). Payable in cash on arrival.
- Please download and complete the booking form and email to [email protected]
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate children under 18 on any of our retreats.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy before booking.
“An incredible yoga holiday! This was exactly what I was looking for! It had the perfect balance of amazing yoga teaching, relaxation, exquisite food and great people all set in a stunning hideaway in the Tuscan hills. Waking up every morning and walking out to see the rolling hills followed by coffee on the veranda was a highlight for me. Equally, the trip to Cortona was really special, we strolled around the beautiful historic town and sampled some delectable local food. I chose the retreat primarily for the teaching and it certainly did not disappoint. Michele’s expertise coupled with her style of teaching is a hard combination to find. All of the classes were challenging yet fun and offered a chance to deepen your practice. Michele's attention to detail and knowledge meant all classes were an enjoyable learning experience. I made wonderful friends on this holiday and I've already booked a trip to London to meet up with my new FG friends! If you're looking for a relaxing fun holiday and amazing yoga tuition this is the retreat for you!” Pauline Moynihan (Italy 2019)
"Fabulous from beginning to end. Great yoga in a beautiful setting with fabulous food and lovely fun people. For me, the highlight was practising yoga in such a stunning location. As a yoga teacher, I chose this retreat based on the form of yoga taught. I find Fierce Grace to be one of the best styles of yoga out there and had the teacher training been around when I was looking for to train it would have been my first choice. Michele is a very experienced and fabulous teacher. I would recommend this retreat to anyone who is looking for great yoga, amazing teachers, wonderful food, a beautiful secluded place with views, good fun and partying.” - Natalie Sassoon (Italy 2019)
Read Drew a Fierce Grace West regular and routine retreat attendee's review of the Italy Retreat.