Cycling and Yoga in Tuscany
Wild Night Productions and Fierce Grace present an unfogettable Cycling and Yoga adventure in Tuscany
This retreat has now passed. To be the first to know about new retreat dates please email [email protected]
Join us for a challenging and unforgettable week on two wheels and the yoga deck in this Tuscan cycling adventure featuring:
Five spectacular rides through mountains, lakes and forest - with time to enjoy an espresso or two in some beautiful medieval castles and villages
Expert cycling instruction from our local mentor
- Fierce Grace yoga every day to relax muscles and support the challenges of the rides including a specialist workshop on yoga for cyclists from Fierce Grace founder Michele Pernetta
- Accommodation at La Chimera - a lovingly restored 600 year old village fortress set in the heart of Tuscany in a beautiful secluded valley
- Amazing locally sourced Tuscan meals and wine
- Nights out in Etruscan city Cortona and a local castle restaurant
- And a day off to swim, get massages and drop out for a while
A DIFFERENT SPIN
On this week long adventure, you will gain a better understanding of how to radically improve your cycling skills in a structured and meditative way.
While the model for other Organized Cycling Trips generally caters to the advanced or very advanced cyclists, our vacation at La Chimera will focus on shorter rides tailored to the group’s skill level, moving from gentle to more challenging rides as the week passes.
The philosophy behind our rides is to make each and every one of them enjoyable, with plenty of time to soak up the endless landscape and enjoy refreshments and downtime in the surrounding local villages. A support vehicle with cooler and other essentials follows the ride and Terry, on his infamous Fierce Grace Harley, will act as guide and interpreter.
Each day ends differently, with either a dinner and accompanying wines at the house or trips out to local attractions. One day is reserved specially for relaxing by the pool, having massages or visiting local hot springs. Yoga is available on a daily basis to relax muscles and support the challenges of the rides.
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
La Chimera, our restored village fortress, is nestled 400 metres up a valley at the beginning of a gentle mountain range that separates Tuscany from Umbria. For six years it’s been the location for many memorable yoga retreats, which feature nightly Tuscan feasts on the open dining terrace, visits to the spectacular local medieval towns and castles for markets and dining out, thermal baths, local festivals and a good deal of dancing into the nights.
The landscape is unspoiled and breath-taking – hidden roads wind through mountains, forests and along lakes, joining the many ancient walled fortress towns, climbing up hills to castles in a variety of gentle and more challenging elevations. The region contains thousands of square miles of pristine forest and supports a variety of wildlife including deer, wild boar, huge porcupines and even wolves. It’s no coincidence that the Italian Giro has been through this country many times.
Michele Pernetta, founder of Fierce Grace will be teaching daily along with her assistant teacher. Michele has 20 years experience working with people of all levels to help them enjoy yoga and improve their health, strength, flexibilty and fitness for life.
DATES & PRICES
- DATES: The 2019 retreat has now passed. Please email [email protected] to be the first to know when 2010 retreat dates are announced.
- LOCATION: La Chimera – a luxury villa in the heart of Tuscany – nearest airport Perugia, 45 minutes from accommodation
- COSTS: £1,250 per person for a shared room -includes all food and accommodation; yoga and cycling instruction; daily support team and transport to rides. £300 for private room / Couples discount £300 per couple. We also have a limited number of yoga only places for partners or friends who don't wish to cycle - please email for pricing.
Excludes bike rental and flights/airport transfer. Bikes can be brought or rented locally at our preferred supplier
- HOW TO BOOK: For bookings contact: [email protected]